Wednesday, June 30, 2010

How Do You Make It Through The Day????

Bill asks me this all the time!

To be honest, I'm not sure myself sometimes.

Case in point; Our new enclosed porch is really nice to sit on and eat,
read a book or just hang out. I've left the door open for the
dogs to come in and out from the yard whenever they'd like.
Apparently the flies too this as an invitation to come in.
UGH!! They are so ANNOYING!

I don't like to use a fly swatter as it requires that I stop reading
in order to dispatch the said fly. Not only that, Seeker has decided
that the fly swatter is a really fun tug toy!

So, plan B! I did a classical 'Red Neck' thing and hung one of
those sticky fly strips above one of the windows!
SMART HUH!!


Later it was getting rather stuffy, so I opened the window.
It was windy that day, guess what happened?
Yep, that darn strip, along with any stuck flies got
attached to my face! YIKES!! That stuff is sticky!!

So last night, I'm standing on something that, NO one armed,
or otherwise intelligent person would be standing on, and
fell off! I was of course on the hallway stairs. THUD!!
#$(*#&%#_(&Q_#&$*

Bill came running, "WHAT THE %$#&#@ did you DO!!!
Did you hurt your arm again!"
"NO, it's my ankle." I replied.
"What the #&^%@ were you doing?" he asked.

I blew off that question and examined my ankle.
"Wow, it's NOT suppose to look like this!!" I said,
showing him my ankle.
An EMT, Bill would NOT MAKE!
He couldn't look. "Is it broken?" he asked.
"No, I don't think so." I replied.
"Can you get me a bag of ice with water in it?"

He returned with the ice. I have a couple wraps from
my wrist and used those to wrap up my ankle.
Then I did what any sane person would do.....
I took two pain meds and ...
"Googled" treating a sprained ankle.

It was amazing, my wrist didn't hurt anymore!
Luckily I didn't try to catch myself with my
right hand. I just dropped, apparently onto my ankle.

I deduced I have a 1st degree ankle sprain.
Treatment; ice, elevation and wrapping.
Those will be easy!
I took a couple pictures, but they don't do
it justice. It's nicely swollen with some purple shading.
Okay, a lot of purple shading.

What could possibly happen next?

This morning Julie, the gal I ride with, to see if
I'd walk down and let her horses out on the grass.
She still lives in town and I'm only 1/4 mile from them.

So, open the first gate and am having some difficulty
with the second when ZAP!!
Right on my ARSE!!
I called Julie to let her know her electric fence is working!

I think I'll stay inside the rest of the day!
In a chair, with a very safe book!


3 comments:

Marsha K. said...

JL - don't get a paper cut!!!

tervnmal said...

LOL! Okay, never mind the bungee cord, the vac handle and the butcher knife incident,I'm feeling REALLY GOOD that I've never stuck a fly strip to my head, fallen off a bucket (or whatever) or zapped my arse on an electric fence.

The Farmer sprained his ankle last week, too. He lived.

Anonymous said...

JL - GET BACK TO WORK! At least there would be people there to "monitor" you. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??? SIT - STAY!!!!!