Tuesday, February 9, 2010

There’s Cheap ......


and then there’s…..um CHEAP!!



These are my “GOOD” Columbia snow boots. I liked them just fine when I bought them on clearance from Gander Mountain several years ago. I can’t remember when I bought them for sure, but I do know it’s been within the last 10 years. Seems to me that boots should last a bit longer than that, but then again, that’s probably just me.

It’s not that I don’t like boots, I do!! But I have a hard time finding nice warm boots that I like. These were okay, they worked for cleaning stalls, playing in the snow and doing chores. They were not good for riding English, but would work for my Western saddle. I prefer English however.

After the last ice storm a few weeks ago, I noticed some cracks. Actually, truth be told, I noticed them last spring when my feet started to get wet. Obviously I didn’t put too much effort into finding new ones! I have been fine with these until the ice started melting and my boots were no longer dry. So, then I took to wearing Bill’s winter boots. Those worked great, as long as I wear double thick socks, and Bill doesn't need them.

I’m not on a mission to find some GREAT, WARM, SLIP ON, winter boots!
If you know of a great brand, and even better if they are on CLEARANCE!! G

I’ll be honest; I use things until they wear totally out. I have an LL Bean pullover coat that I’ve had for over 12 years. I LOVE IT!! I wear it spring, fall, winter….I don’t care! LOVE IT! The only thing I don’t like is my zipper on the pouch has broken twice. Oh well.

My gloves, same thing. I have some LL Bean work gloves that are Gortex and Primaloft. LOVE THEM!! They have a hole on the side of the thumbs from wear, but it’s not all the way though yet. I’ll probably take them to a shoe repair place to have them stitched this spring. They are still PERFECTLY fine! Well broke in…why I would want NEW ONES!!!

COVERALLS!!
(Not LL Bean - do they make coveralls??_
I have an old pair of camouflage coveralls from 1987. (Yes, they are in the photo with the boots) I’m NOT LYING! They are totally my favorite! They have an orange patch in the butt where they were snagged on a nail in the barns while coon hunting. I have a newer pair of boring tan ones I got on clearance about 5 years ago. They are ‘okay’ in a pinch, but they are so stiff! Nothing like my nice broken in coveralls. I could LIVE in those things!
Wait….sometimes I think I do!

In my ‘Dream Life’ I’d be a field tester for LL Bean.

Hum….wonder how I apply for THAT JOB!!!



2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

Let me know if you get the LL Bean job!! I love their boots!

tervnmal said...

I think you, me and Meme already qualify as LLB field testers, we have had so much of their stuff.

Good luck finding new boots. Hate wet feet!