Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spring is HERE!!!!

Well, at least tomorrow is March 1st!
We're GETTING THERE!

Now if someone would just show
Mother Nature the calendar!

I took a couple pictures as the
sun was coming up this morning.
It's currently 12 degrees at 630 am.


One of my many projects for March
is to trim back my Dogwood shrubs.
I need to thin them out at the base to keep
the 'red' wood and let new growth develop.
It's a little difficult to do when
they are under 2' of snow!

Then there's my garden, pictured below.
It's there!!
You'll just have to trust me!
My "fall" planted garlic is under
6' plus of snow.


Do you really think I'll be tilling
this by Good Friday to plant potatoes?
I'd say .... NOT!!!

Yesterday I was at Theisen's and bought some
vegetable seeds. That was very exciting!
Kind of depressing when you walk out to cold and snow.
At least I have something to look forward to.

They only had 'cheap' vegetable seeds.
Normally I can get cheap flower seeds as well.
One of my favorite summer flowers is the Zinnia.
When I say cheap, I'm talking 10 cents a pack!
Okay, so they went up to 15 cents this year,
that's still a DEAL!!!

I love looking at the Seed Catalogs.
Especially the 'What's New' for the year.

This year I'm going to try going some grapes.
They take awhile to mature, but it 'might' be fun!

It's nice just to at least 'think' about
getting back out in the garden.
Even though I know it's going
to be awhile before it actually happens!



2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

Sigh... I keep fondling my Culver's gift cards from you and Martha... I will get to use them SOMEDAY!!!

tervnmal said...

Meteorological spring started today, March 1! There is hope!

I know, I keep looking at all the big piles of snow around our place and thinking, "There are flower beds under there somewhere, I KNOW there are."