Monday, March 9, 2009

Yam ATTACK!!!!!

Have your dogs experienced dehydrated yams? If not, DON'T DO IT!!! G You might soon find yourself borrowing or buying a dehydrator!!

First, let me place the blame where it belongs. LIZ!! Yes, a couple years ago, Liz put together a doggie gift bag at Christmas. Inside were several dehydrated yams. The dogs LOVED THEM. Well, let me clarify. Most of the dogs LOVED THEM. Nina didn't think they were edible, but didn't want anyone else to have it either. So she'd spend the evening with it in her mouth (re-hydrating) and then under her paw or chin while she napped. Finally I'd have to take it away and give it to someone to eat! BILL????? Okay, not. G

Then came Carrie. She thought it would be a great idea to make some with her own dehydrator for the dogs. They went CRAZY!! Mike sliced and Carrie delivered. What a deal!!

So, I asked my sister Dawn if she had one. She did and said I could "borrow" it. So a couple weeks ago I made yams. They were a HUGE hit! So, then Meme asked if she could borrow it, she made yams and some apple chips! The dogs loved those too!!

So, Saturday when I got it back I had 3 big yams to slice and dry. It took a bit longer than I'd anticipated Sunday, so I set it up on the table (Unplugged). It was full of dried yams. 8 racks worth!! So today when I got home, the dehydrator was still on the table, but the trays were a little off center. Not only that, they were EMPTY!!!! OMG!! Kruz and Mad ate 8 trays of yams!!!!

Apparently they aren't toxic is as both seem to be fine. Seeker does keep sniffing their butts however, apparently they have Yam gas!!

Mad Dog - I can't believe they left that on the table!!
Kruz - Push some more off please before we get busted!!
Seeker - In here please!! Hello!! I'm the one in Jail!! At least bring me some bread and water!

1 comment:

Marsha K. said...

That Mad dog is part cat!