Friday, December 5, 2008

Lessons to be learned from a 5 year old!!!!

Natalie (5) and Peach (2) made their agility debut (or as we say around here.... De - Butt) today at the ICDOC agility trial. They were AWESOME!!!!! Natalie has done the majority of training of own training and has even participated in agility classes with adults.

In October Natalie even came out and gave Seeker and I a private lesson. Trust me, after today's run, he needs a LOT MORE!!! G Needless to say, you'll be seeing Natalie and Peaches runs....Seeker's on the other hand, well....maybe tomorrow?? LOL

I loved how calm, cool and collected Natalie was today. When I talked to her earlier in the day I told her I was nervous and asked if she was. "No", she responded and trust me, she MEANT IT!! I think the most confusing part for her was where to toss her leash. I guess hind sight, I did tell her where it would end up, but didn't really give her any information as to what to do with it at first. UGH!! Oh well, she did a pretty great job of figuring that out on her own. Just watch the video!

Natalie did a wonderful job making sure that Peach did her contacts!! What a great job!!!
What a fun team to watch!!! It's amazing, this is their very first time running together at a real trial and they ended up 2nd in Standard and 1st in JWW!!

Seeker ran first in Standard and had 2 refusals, one table fault and a teeter fly off. OOPS, in his defense, it was a really slow teeter and we've been working on racing to the end and riding it down. He raced to the end alright, the teeter however was still in the air! So, needless to say, he didn't qualify. Natalie told me I need to practice more, she's probably right.

So, always the sportsman. Natalie asks me if Seeker is going to get a ribbon. I had to tell her no. UGH!!! G I told her, maybe tomorrow, if we keep our fingers crossed. She promptly crossed both of hers! I'm pretty sure she'll remember tomorrow, but I think I'll remind her ...... JIC!

WAY TO GO NATALIE AND PEACH!!!!!!


No comments: