Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Plastic Ice Cream Pails....

Can you ever have enough?

I don't know about you, but I use them for EVERYTHING!!  We use them to do chores; taking food trimmings to the birds, at times they are water buckets, and they can even help collect eggs.  They are used for organizing craft projects, hold assorted nails, or even help with household cleaning!  So, yesterday when I was looking for a container to hold paint, I decided I needed another ice cream pail!!

I checked under the sink.  That's where our extra pails are stored.  All I found was about 7 lids, but no bucket!  How does that happen?  (Please see above.) Apparently the general use of ice cream pails favors activities WITHOUT lids.  Since I knew my painted would live a rather extended life in this pail, I needed a lid.  So, I'd need to search a bit further for a bucket.

Luckily, the freezer is right next to the sink!  My search area of choice.  I knew we were out of ice cream.  Trust me, I've CHECKED!!  I guess I should say, we're out of 'eatable' ice cream.   Somehow a bucket of 'Cookie N Cream" ice cream was forgotten.  Alas, that delicious mixture of vanilla ice cream and chocolate cookies was totally freezer burnt.  NASTY!!!  Regardless, I still wanted that bucket!

So, a little hot water around the edges loosened it right up.  I was about to put it in the trash, when I spotted one of the birds walking by.  Hum.......  So, I grabbed my flip video camera, (LOVE THAT THING!!!), and out the door I went!

I had no doubt they'd eat it.  They will eat almost everything, except had rooted vegetables, unless they are cooked to soften them up.  I'll leave out all the things they will eat, but trust me, NOTHING is off their menu.  It doesn't have to be vegetable or fruit matter either!

Note Tom can actually 'tighten up' his snoodle when he wants too!!  No strutting when there's ice cream around!!!    Too bad the ducks were out in the pasture.  I would have liked to see what they thought of it. 

1 comment:

tervnmal said...

Freezer burned ice cream? Are you serious? How did THAT happen! Lucky birds.