Sunday, July 25, 2010

Crop Dusting!!

Riding in a Crop Duster is on my "Bucket List". Since adding it to my list I've learned that in order for me to do this I'll either: 1) Learn to fly a plane and have someone hire me. 2) Literally sit in the pilot's lap, as they are ONE SEATERS!! It appears that this item might not be obtainable, so in the mean time, I sure enjoy the show they put on!

Early this morning, the crop dusters were out in force! Unfortunately for the dogs, that means they have to stay inside.

These pilots are amazing, they head straight for your house, barn or power lines and then at the last possible minute, lift out of danger. Well, most of them do anyway. Every year there are accidents and it's not hard to understand why or how. It's truly incredible to watch.

After several passes by our place, I went in to get the 'flip'. I'm all ready to record and I'm apparently standing too close to the electric fence. ZAP!!! VBG So, if you listen closely at the very beginning of this clip, you'll hear me say, "ouch". It wasn't really that big of a zap, especially compared to Julie's fence that zapped me a few weeks ago! It was more of a 'wake up' call. G






I also found a little clip on You Tube!

ENJOY!!!









3 comments:

michele said...

Crazy aren't they? What do the horses think of them? I always tried to keep ours up at the barn if I knew they were coming. The plane wasn't so bad, but the helicopter really freaked them out!

Got Syzygy said...

The ponies don't care, but we get a lot of hot air balloons around. We've only experienced the air force helicopters, we haven't had the pleasure of the crop dusting variety. Sounds interesting!

tervnmal said...

They're cool to watch. I keep waiting for the big fire ball when they disappear over the horizon. I've been watching too much "Air Wolf."