Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mr. Coffee Woes!

Note the time on the coffee machine. I've been up since 5 and STILL waiting for a cup of Coffee!! Anyone else feel my PAIN!! Luckily I have some instant packets for just such emergencies, but it's not the same!

My timer on my Mr. Coffee is always set at 5 am. It has NEVER failed me. Now, there have been times when it didn't pull all the water from the water basin. I learned quickly how to solve that problem. We have hard water, thus the salt water deposits build up inside the percolating. tube. The solution? Make a vinegar and water solution and put that into the reservoir and let it cycle through the coffee maker a few times. Works like a charm! I love this coffee pot, it's stainless steel! I've always somehow break the glass ones, so this one is very valuable to me! It goes to work with me EVERYDAY!!!

Today's problem is a little different. The percolator just isn't percolating! Just a dribble. So, I'm "douching" the machine, but it's not looking promising. Normally I use a 5 parts water to 1 part vinegar solution. I'm not up to about 50/50 and I'm on the 4th cycle. It just stopped again, time to go see how it's doing.

If you have any other suggestions, let me know!

2 comments:

Marsha K. said...

RuhRoh - could be time for a new coffee maker.

tervnmal said...

Tragic! Hope all is well today.