Sunday, September 27, 2009

emerald ash borer

Do you have Ash Trees in your yard?

http://emeraldashborer.info

If so, you might want to do your research NOW!!! During my Entomology (That's the study of bugs), class for the Master Gardener Program the speaker stated that this insect was within 50 miles of Iowa. So, it's only a matter of time before it hits our state.

Driving through town last week I made a point to look for ash trees. There are a LOT of them.

This can be treated, but it's expensive and much be done every year. So, if you have an ash tree in your yard, be sure to keep a close eye on it next year!!

3 comments:

tervnmal said...

I bet THAT'S what bit Meme!

Got Syzygy said...

OMG!! I think you're right!!! LOL

Marsha K. said...

CARP... I was bit by the ASH??? At least it wasn't on my ASH!!!