Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Dog Name!!!

Dog people are ALWAYS looking for a new dog name. It doesn't matter whether you just got a dog or are getting a dog soon, it's a law, you're always trying out new names!

So this weekend up in MN I noticed a women wearing a T-shirt - very common apparel at agility trials. In fact, we're usually thankful they have that much covered!! LOL. Anyway, on the back of this "T" it said,

CHITTY
CHITTY


So of course I think of the Disney movie with Dick Van Dick in it. Yes, I'm OLD!!!

Then I got to thinking, what a GREAT DOG NAME!!! Of course it would CHIT for short!!!

Of course you need to give it the big ole' "porch" test. (That means stand on the porch and yell as loud as you can) CHIT!!!! Hum, it has possibilities.

I decide I should try it out on Seeker, after all, what better way to test a new name.

So Seeker and I head out to the Agility yard to practice.

So, here it goes!!

You need to say the following out loud and with some volume to get the
FULL IMPACT.


Seeker runs off ahead of me, he's suppose to be walking with me.....NO CHIT

He comes back ..... GOOD CHIT

I have him set up between my feet, FEET CHIT

I release him to the dog walk.....OKAY CHIT....GO CHIT...BOTTOM CHIT....

He does brilliantly and I give him his tug....GET'ER CHIT.....and when we're done....GIVE CHIT

So we head over to the weave poles and set up again, this time I just ask to CHIT SIT ..that's a pretty hard one to say! Say it out loud and FAST!!!

WEAVE CHIT...more tugging and all that CHIT.

Over to the A-frame without a set up..... A CHIT

Through a tunnel SSSSSS CHIT (hum....interesting)

Over a jump....wait, he goes around....GET OVER CHIT...Seeker looks back and says, "WHO GIVES A CHIT".

Cougar comes out to help and is stalking Seeker, I try to warn him..... CAT CHIT

Too late, Cougar swiped him and walks away thinking.... DUMB CHIT

So finally we head to the table - Seeker has an auto down on the table and I pop him into a sit. So, TABLE CHIT, GOOD CHIT, SIT CHIT......he pulls a Bea.....OH CHIT..... (JUST KIDDING!!) LOL

Yep, definitely has possibilities.









No comments: