Monday, April 27, 2009

Calamari Adventure!

Something old, something new, some thing borrowed .......oh wait....WRONG POST!! G

Saturday afternoon after our Agility Trial in Columbia, MO, the 6 of us went out to eat at a little bar and grill. It was VERY YUMMY!!!

Michele F ordered some Calamari. She's a FISH LOVER, (she also order 'fish tacos' too, now that is WRONG) which is rather strange since she lives in Iowa, home of the best Beef and Pork around. Okay, so I'm a little biased and I ordered Chicken Fiestas! LOL

What is Calamari? Well, it's Squid. Carrie warned me that it can be a little chewy. So, I tried a 'ring', it was batter fried, so how bad could it be? Actually, it was quite good, especially dipped in the "hot sauce", which I just HAD to have with my Fiestas! The round rings were very tender and good, the large curly pieces were chewy and not as tender. I later learned (from the video) that those were the Tentacles. I don't think we have to worry about Meme, Jeff W or Bill trying this anytime soon!

Of course, this got me to wondering, how do you clean a squid? No one else at the table was really all that interested. In fact, I got some funny looks, okay, what else it new? Don't you ever wonder these things I asked? "NO!!", was the answer. I bet it's on YOU TUBE! So, when we got back to the hotel and my "Venus-Flytrap bed" - I had the pull out sofa, I searched. Yep, it's there!!! G

The first link (it doesn't allow you to post), it the professional version. Watch it first....then you'll understand the second one. The second one is just music, (Which I find quite 'catchy' and it makes me bounce in place in my chair) it's NOT nearly as professional. I do enjoy the part where the head slips out of his hands into the sink however!! LOL


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1nYXf-0IfQ


RedNeck Cleaning of Calamari -



3 comments:

tervnmal said...

You're right, won't be serving this to the Farmer for supper any time soon. But if it's battered and fried, how bad could it be? Tastes like chicken? LOL

Marsha K. said...

Uh... the farmer and I will go out for pizza! You guys can eat the weird food!!

Anonymous said...

I even like Calamari - go figure. It is chewy but it does taste good.