Sunday, January 20, 2008

We set THE DATE!!!!

The date has been set for the 5K!!! Saturday May 17 in Marion. I have an official photographer lined up, a photo assistant/journalist, as well as a navigator (No, NOT MARTHA!!! Remember Effingham!!) I'm getting excited, but I need to buckle down because I don't want to disappoint my sister by totally stinking!!

This am I did another all time best (all my "runs" are 40 minutes with 3-5 minute walking at each end) - 3.66 miles, 543 calories, 94.3 carbs. The very BEST part is I "ran" the 3.1 (5K) without stopping!! YIPPEE ME!!! I still honestly, DON'T run....it's more of a lumbering, but at least now I'm pretty sure I'll be able to run it all, which honestly is my goal. NO WALKING!!!!

When it gets nicer (May 1st I suppose???) I'm going to have my navigator show me the routes and walk it with me. My plan is to then go out a couple times and run it to see how fast I think I can do it. (Did I just say that????) I think I need to go up and read my last sentence above!!

If you have nothing else to do that morning, come out and cheer us on! I hear it's free and they have GREAT kettle corn!

No comments: